Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
A wonderful serenity has taken possession of my entire soul, like these sweet mornings of spring which I enjoy with my whole heart. I am alone, and feel the charm of existence in this spot, which was created for the bliss of souls like mine. I am so happy, my dear friend, so absorbed in the exquisite sense of mere tranquil existence, that I neglect my talents. I should be incapable of drawing a single stroke at the present moment; and yet I feel that I never was a greater artist than now. When, while the lovely valley teems with vapour around me, and the meridian sun strikes the upper surface of the impenetrable foliage of my trees, and but a few stray gleams steal into the inner sanctuary, I throw myself down among the tall grass by the trickling stream; and, as I lie close to the earth, a thousand unknown plants are noticed by me: when I hear the buzz of the little world among the stalks, and grow familiar with the countless indescribable forms of the insects and flies, then I feel the presence of the Almighty, who formed us in his own image, and the breath
Hacked By Imam with Love
With Earth Day coming rapidly on April 22, NYIPL joins with other IPL chapters to celebrate the entire week of April 15-24 as Faith Climate Action Week. You can start right away by downloading resources hereÂ and here. Despite the greed and short-sightedness that is widespread, we can be still be good stewards of God’s creation.
Let them know you’re concerned about climate change.
Check out New York’s Get Solar initiative!
The Hudson River Presbytery is a judicatory of 82 Presbyterian churches spread across eight counties in the Hudson River Valley. Included in this presbytery are NYIPL member congregations White Plains Presbyterian (above), Holmes Presbyterian Camp, and Huguenot Memorial. The Hudson River Presbytery is very active on earth care issues. They have a group called the Food Justice Corps which is five young people who come together regularly who explore food justice issues. The group is not just educational but also a leadership development program: The corps members will develop their own projects to bring back to their congregations next spring.
Welcome, Hudson River Presbytery and White Plains Presbyterian!
Executive Director Job Description
Fall 2015 New York Interfaith Power & Light is a faith-?based nonprofit organization working to fight climate change. We believe climate change is the moral issue of our time. We are the New York state chapter of the Interfaith Power & Light movement, with chapters in 40 states. We have 110 member congregations throughout New York.
We help congregations reduce their carbon footprint, increase energy efficiency, explore opportunities to use renewable energy, and educate their members on climate change. We also encourage people of faith to speak to politicians and others in positions of power about global warming, and to collaborate with other faith communities in these efforts.
We are seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) Executive Director. This is a work-? from-?home position, and can be located anywhere in the state of New York.
The Executive Director is responsible for leading, growing, and managing NYIPL, under the direction of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is expected to help NYIPL deliver on its mission while achieving financial stability. Major responsibilities include fundraising, board development, public relations, assurance of legal and fiduciary compliance, growing our membership and increasing active participation by current members in the organization.
- Fundraising – work with the board to ensure the financial health of the organization. Develop and implement fundraising strategies, including major donors, direct mail, and grant writing.
- Board development – coordinate board and committee meetings.
- Program – ensure congregations have access to information about energy audits, energy efficiency in general, and renewable energy options. Within the constraints of our 501(c)(3) status, let politicians and others in power know that people of faith care about climate change.
- Outreach – recruit new member congregations, new donors, and new board members.
- Communications – update website and social media with current news and upcoming events; publish a weekly electronic newsletter.
- Speaking and/or representing the organization at public/private events.
- Administration – process donations, manage membership information and budget.
- Commitment to our interfaith mission, and passionate about climate change
- Proven track record at the executive level of a non-profit organization or a similar entity
- Three or more years of fundraising experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Able to articulate one’s faith commitment in relationship to care for the earth
- Public speaking experience
- Experience with social media
- Four year college degree, graduate degree a plus
- Solid computer skills and accounting experience a plus
- Must have access to high-?speed internet, printer, and telephone Salary and Benefits
Salary: $18,000 -? $25,000, based on experience, plus business expense reimbursements as budgeted. This is a salaried, executive position, not considered to be hourly.
Travel: Moderate, including visits to congregations across New York State, attendance at the annual IPL meeting in Washington DC, and attendance at the annual NYIPL meeting. (Travel expenses are reimbursed.)
Benefits: NYIPL is unable to offer benefits (health insurance, paid time off, etc.) at this time. With proper commitment, fundraising and growth, the Board will make available additional salary and benefits for this to become a full-?time position.
Termination: On two weeks written notice from the Board of Directors or the Executive Director. There is no minimum length of contract implied in this position.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.